Xron Associates, Inc. provides services in compliance management to meet the fast-paced needs of our clients to maintain compliance with constantly changing requirements. Our services focus on defining the work and work practices involved, identifying applicable requirements, and developing the appropriate system to achieve consistent compliance with requirements while maintaining optimum operations. We then embody simple change control systems to ensure continued compliance.
Activity-Based Compliance TM systems developed by Xron have been used at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, Idaho National Engineering Laboratory and Waste Isolation Pilot Plant. Our compliance management systems have included development of environmental management systems under the ISO 14001and DOE Integrated Safety Managenment System. Our services include regulatory analysis, regulatory applicability determination, compliance assessment services and complete compliance system development.
- Expert knowledge of requirements, requirements management concepts and requirements "flowdown."
- Specialize in development of requirements management systems to "bring requirements down to the worker level."
- Develop software applications, such as the Requirements Accountability Management System (RAMS) TM, to manage requirements and implementation processes to ensure repeatable compliance, audit reults and audit closure processes.
- Regulatory compliance assessments and audits, operational readiness reviews (ORRs) and assessments.
- Management system assessments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Developed “Activity-Based” environmental compliance procedures in 2002 and 2003. Provided extensive regulatory analysis of environmental requirements, identified applicable environmental requirements and established them in an activity-based requirements process. Developed training on the activity-based system.
- Implemented the Xron RAMS TM software application to manage nuclear safety requirements at various Fluor Hanford facilities.
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
- Developed the ISO 14001 Registered Environmental Management System (EMS) over a 3-year period. Performed initial gap analyses between company processes and procedures and the ISO 14001 standard, made recommendations and developed actions to address gaps, and implemented numerous actions to successfully gain ISO 14001 registration. Represented the company during the initial ISO 14001 registration audit in June of 2002 and 2003 re-registration audits.
- Developed “Activity-Based” environmental compliance procedures 1999-2000. Provided extensive regulatory analysis of environmental requirements, identified applicable environmental requirements and established them in an activity-based requirements process. Responsible for the current maintenance of the requirements documents and implementing procedures.
- Led the 1998 Inactive Facilities and Central Facilities Environmental Compliance Assessment.
Waste Isolation Pilot Plant
- Developed the Waste Characterization Requirements Management System and database in 2000 and 2001. Identified requirements from seven key WIPP waste management documents including the RCRA Permit, Safety Analysis Report (SAR). TRUPACT II SAR, and Compliance Certification under 40 CFR 191. Provided services in 2002 to update the system.
- Performed environmental, nuclear safety and industrial safety compliance operational readiness assessments during the 1996 and 1997 per-operational readiness review.
- Developed the RCRA compliance matrix and permit compliance database and configuration management process.
- Evaluated operational readiness assessment information regarding compliance with the Biannual Environmental Compliance Report (BECR).
Yucca Mountain Project
Integrated work control process into the design process, hazards analysis system, maintenance management, scientific testing, environmental compliance and permitting, and training and qualification process.