Qualifications and Experience
- Developed integrated nuclear and transportation safety program and
- Developed new safety analysis and risk assessment approach.
- Performed multiple hazards evaluations.
- Led efforts to implement 10 CFR 830 for more than 24 nuclear
- Led environment, safety, and quality efforts for Hanford Spent
Nuclear Fuel Project.
- Provide Core USQ evaluators for multiple Hanford facilities.
- Led effort to document readiness to proceed as the Hanford Site integrating contractor with the construction of the Hanford Tank Farms Waste Treatment Plant
- Led the Nuclear Safety Accelerated Closure Team, most recently completing the Spent Nuclear Fuel Project.
- Developed DOE directives reduction approach for Fluor Hanford.
- TRU Retrieval Addendum to the Solid Waste Burial Ground Interim Safety Basis.
- Cold Vacuum Drying facility DSA and TSR updates.
- Justifications for Continued Operation for multiple Hanford
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
- Assessed site areas and facilities as part of the Integrated Safety Management Verification Assessment. Reviewed training qualifications and responsibilities, and ensured deficiencies were documented into the company issues tracking system.
- Developed and implemented the vendor data database that is used to store, electronically review, and document approval of subcontractor data submittals.
- Performed on the Test Reactor Area Hot Cell Operational Readiness Review.
- Developed the initial regulatory strategy documents and plans for restart of the shutdown Pickering A units.
- Prepared extensive license renewal submittal for the Pickering B units.
- Co-developed a program for performing nuclear safety screening and review determinations, similar to 10CFR50.59.
- Co-developed the procedure for commitment tracking.
- Evaluated draft regulations for impact.
Washington Public Power
- Performed on-shift duties as an NRC SRO licensed Control Room Supervisor, Refueling Supervisor, Shift Technical Advisor, and BOP Supervisor field operations supervision.
- Provided oversight of Maintenance and Operations activities to ensure safe, reliable plant operation, reactivity management, and ensuring compliance with plant procedures and the facility operating license.
- Successfully developed and implemented individual performance improvement plans that improved personnel performance.
Waste Isolation Pilot Plant
- Evaluated the Emergency Preparedness Program (DOE Order 151.1).
- Operational Readiness Review management assessment.
- Accelerated program for redevelopment of WIPP safety basis.
Yucca Mountain Project
- Revised the work request/work order process and procedure to support an operational, NRC-regulated work environment.
- Integrated work control process into the design process, hazards analysis system, maintenance management, scientific testing, environmental compliance and permitting, and training and qualification process.
Commonwealth Edison, Byron Station
- Startup Test Coordinator/Engineer. Coordinated and scheduled preoperational tests and post‑test reviews as Testing Coordinator.
- Performed post‑test evaluations of preoperational and startup test results.
- Developed and wrote preoperational, startup, and Technical Specification surveillance test procedures.
- Performed preoperational and startup testing.
Columbia Generating Station
- Developed Maintenance Department programs and policies.
- Performed biennial reviews and procedure upgrades for I&C surveillance procedures. Developed new surveillance procedures for the I&C Department.
- Coordinated and performed changes to Maintenance Department surveillance procedures necessary for transfer of surveillance requirements to the Offsite Dose Calculation Manual. Developed and executed implementation plans for ensuring proper transfer of surveillance requirements during Improved Technical Specifications implementation.
Commonwealth Edison, Byron Station
- Reviewed and evaluated design change requests, design and procurement specifications, FSAR changes, and vendor proposals.
- Prepared responses to SER Questions, and NRC I&E Bulletins, and Information Notices.
- Prepared FSAR changes and coordinated FSAR amendments.
- Reviewed preoperational test procedure drafts and final test results.
- Duane Arnold, LaSalle County, Nine Mile Point, Point Beach and FitzPatrick
- Developed Technical Requirements Manual Specifications and Improved Technical Specification programs (i.e., Safety Function Determination Program, Bases Control Program, etc.), and prepared FSAR changes required for transition to Improved Technical Specification .
- Responded to NRC Requests for Additional Information.
- Coordinated and performed changes to surveillance procedures necessary to facilitate transition to Improved Technical Specification.
- Performed reviews and developed migration plans to ensure proper transfer of surveillance requirements during ITS implementation.
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental laboratory
- Analyzed Engineering Design Control, Configuration Management, and Software Design Control requirements, codes, standards, and laws. Developed implementing procedures and processes.
- Established the Configuration Management Program. Analyzed requirements and developed procedures and processes. Developed a process for recovering or updating missing or inadequate baseline documents, related to the configuration of selected structures, systems, or components. Managed the development and implementation of the Configuration Management database, a web-based system that collects information on the configuration of structures, systems, and components.
- Developed and implemented the Software Management database that collects information on the configuration of computer systems and software used for engineering and scientific analysis.
- Supported Department of Defense projects such as the Mobile Munitions Assessment System and the Pine Bluff Arsenal Munitions Assessment System.
- Supported Nuclear Regulatory Commission projects such as the Fort St. Vrain Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation and the Three Mile Island Core-2 Independent Spent fuel Storage Installation Projects.
- Provided the Defense Programs Surety Program with technical expertise and document assistance.
- Supported the Glovebox Excavator Method project.
LaSalle County Station and Davis-Besse
- Developed and prepared Improved Technical Specifications (ITS). Performed verification that design values and statements made in the draft ITS were traceable to design basis documents, and extensive coordination with ITS projects at two other sites to ensure submittal package uniformity.
- Provided project management expertise, including: management of project resources, and ensuring schedule comp liance for major deliverables, and ensuring extensive coordination with ITS projects at two other sites to ensure submittal package uniformity.
H.B. Robinson, WNP‑2, and Browns Ferry, NEC at Palisades, and Calvert Cliffs, Fermi 2, Palo Verde, Commonwealth Edison at Byron Station
- Prepared Technical Specification change requests, Licensee Event Reports (LERs), Special Reports, Annual Reports, and 10 CFR 10CFR21 reports.
- Responded to Violations, Deviations, Confirmatory Action Letters, Requests for Additional Information, and I&E Bulletins, Information Notices, and Generic Letters.
- Evaluated events and conditions for reportability and performed root cause analyses. Responded to Resident Inspector and NRR Project Manager concerns and prepared closure documentation for inspection findings.
- Prepared FSAR and Quality Assurance Program changes.
- Developed and administered programs for Commitment Tracking, and Vendor Advisory and Operating Experience Review.
Millstone Unit 1
- Performed review of Millstone Unit 1 surveillance procedures in accordance with NRC. Review included verification of logic circuit testing for the Reactor Protection System, emergency power load shed and sequencing, and Engineered Safety Feature actuation circuits.
- Coordinated review activities to meet system operability schedules and developed position papers to document testing methodology bases.
- Performed assessment of vital safety systems readiness in accordance with DNFSB Recommendation 2000-2 for RFETS Building 371 and prepared response to DNFSB. Evaluated configuration management, maintenance, and testing to determine system readiness with respect to regulatory and safety requirements.
Commonwealth Edison, Byron Station
- Performed walkdowns and prepared completion status reports for systems under construction, and coordinated completion and turnover of Plant systems for testing.
Yucca Mountain Project
- Developed the construction work packaging process and procedure. Prepared numerous instruction related to construction work tasks based on Bechtel Standard Work Process Procedures.
- Developed stakeholder approach for meeting Hanford Federal Facility Compliance Agreement requirements for the deactivation phase of the Plutonium Finishing Plant.
- Drafted key portions of the Plutonium Recovery Facility deactivation plan.
- Developed deactivation end point criteria for the Plutonium Finishing Plant.
- Developed Plutonium Finishing Plant deactivation end point goals that integrated requirements of plutonium stabilization and storage mission and facility deactivation schedule. (DNFSB Technical Report 12, DNFSB 94-1)
- Developed Remedial Design Report and Remedial Action Work Plan supplement for the K Basins Discharge Chute Grouting
- Provide environmental suppport to the Closure of the 105 K Basins.